- Technical Guides
- Voice Services
- Telephone Number Porting (KB15052100)
Telephone Number Porting
Vorboss can currently port numbers from a number of other communication providers, a list is provided below.
The Porting Process
To start the porting process, Vorboss would need a Letter of Authority (LOA) from the client. This will include information such as;
- The main billing number
- The number(s) that you wish to port
- Current provider account number
- Customer name/address (as stated on the bill) - this has to be a 100% match on the details that are held by the existing provider
- Associated numbers/DDI range - for instance DDI numbers that are associated with the main billing number
The LOA form will be available upon request from your account manager. Once an LOA has been received by Vorboss, we will aim to start the porting process within 24 hours. A port can take upto 10 working days however different providers can take different amounts of time - you will be kept upto date by your account manager.
If for any reason the port has been rejected, we will give you a reason for the reject- this will enable you to get the correct information from the current provider.
A porting request can be rejected for the following reasons:
- incorrect address details- the address provided needs to be the same as the installation address.
- missing associated numbers/DDI range
In most cases, the current provider will be able to give you the above information. Please note that there is a charge for a rejected port.
Communication Provider Agreements
- C&W Vodafone (Energis)
- C&W Vodafone UK
- COLT Technology Services
- Eurobell (Holdings) Limited
- Gamma Telecom Holdings Ltd
- Global Crossing (UK) Ltd
- Inclarity plc
- KCom (Affiniti)
- KCOM Group PLC
- Magrathea Telecommunications Limited
- MDNX Enterprise Services Limited
- Simwood eSMS
- Spitfire Network Services Ltd
- TalkTalk Communications Limited
- Telecom2 Ltd
- Telephony Services
- Thus Plc
- Verizon UK Ltd
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- Virgin Media Wholesale Limited
- Vodafone (Energis)
- Voxbone SA
- X-On (Storacall)
- Your Communications
- Numer Porting (per number): £30
- Porting more than 5 numbers in the same DDI range is capped at £150
- Failed/Rejected Port: £15
Please contact your Account Manager for more information.